Jun 24, 2011

An Arty Sheffield Day

Public transport is a real blessing when you live in a busy, traffic congested city. No parking problems, but the prospect of transporting art materials on a bus is too embarrassing for some - not me. The Millennium Gallery's Friday life classes are great if you like to daub. I do and paid my six quid for the privilege. The event was, as ever, well attended and the model professional, non-nattering and well lit. A excellent outing ...

A visit to the current free exhibition of John Martin's work at the gallery rounded off the visit. To my mind the conservators seem to have lost the point of having a show - you have to have enough light to see the work!

Time to check the emails ... what did I find? The Brick Lane Gallery London wanted to know if I wanted to exhibit some of my daubings ... er (a moments reflect), yes ... so we'll have to see what happens next ...