Dec 31, 2010

Wow - It's New Year Again ...

2010 fades out and 2011 sneaks in. Lots of wasted money on fireworks world-wide and untold gallons of booze  consumed in the alcoholic hope that just changing the date will make us more wealthy - well in the "West" anyway.

I'm greatly please to still be drawing breath, eating good food and have a pot to pizz in. It's also a miracle that I'm able to go abroad in the streets with little danger of being shot or bombed because I'm not wearing whatever clothes some rabid Fundamentalist thinks I should be wearing; said Fundamentalist's actions being motivated by a morbid urge to consort with 72 virgins, reach Nirvana or ensconced on the right or left hand of some chosen deity by close of day. Ah, what it is to be an unbeliever ... I leave you to choose whatever colour of belief you like ...

Trouble is, history, if consulted with an unbiased mind, tells us that all will be much the same in 2011 ...